It’s Thanksgiving! – that special day of the year that we stuff ourselves to the gills with turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce; and then head out into the cold to await the Black Friday sales. But no, not me – I’m going to sit back and enjoy the warmth indoors, and maybe pick up a toy or two just with a few clicks of the mouse.
Here’s the toy sales that I’ve found so far, from the comfort of my home:
- “Better Than Black Friday” Sale (MattyCollector.com) – Mattel has trotted out its remaining customer service stock on Justice League Unlimited, DC Universe SDCC items, Masters of the Universe Classics, and Voltron (but only the green lion remains in stock). Not everything is on sale – it’s mostly MOTUC, but they’ve also got some of the 30th Anniversary figures available again at full price. Castle Grayskullman is sold out, but if you missed out on the best of the lot, Draego-Man is still there.
- BigBadToyStore Marvel, Transformers, and more – BBTS has got 140 items split up on 3 different lists. The sale goes through Monday, and some items are marked as clearance while others are just marked new – some of those look discounted but not sure all of them are on sale. Pretty wide variety of items there, so it’s worth taking a look to see if you can fill in some gaps in your collection.
- Entertainment Earth – EE has 48 items on its Black Friday list, including some Star Wars, Lego, and Funko Uglydoll vinyls. The biggest deal is on Marvel Universe Sentinels, though. The comic book colored Sentinel is marked as temporarily sold out, but at $35 it couldn’t hurt to see if they fulfill it through backorders.
- Wal-Mart – Wal-Mart has a huge Black Friday sale going. Since they were the pioneer of kicking off their sale on Thursday, we are supposed to hate them, but I still like their 2 LEGO sets for $29 deal. Their other toy offerings are pretty blah, but I wasn’t expecting much else.
- Toys R Us – I think TRU has missed the online boat by focusing on promoting their in-store deals – don’t they know we’re going to be in a tryptophan-induced coma this entire weekend? Still, they do have online and “flash” toy deals. Today they’ve got one of the bigger Mega Blok sets available – the Mega Bloks Halo UNSC Elephant for $79.99. I know a certain someone who has managed to entice beautiful women to his bachelor pad with the allure of Mega Bloks, so this might work for you too! They’ve also got a flash deal starting at 9PM EST tonight for G.I. Joes.
- Target – Target has a bigger Black Friday sale in progress, but they’ve also got 116 toys on sale as part of it. Most of it is targeted (no pun intended) at you kids, but there’s no reason they should be left out of the Black Friday fun.
- Kmart – Kmart has its act together with a huge page of Triple Doorbusters that are available online. It’s one of those pages that keeps adding items as you scroll down. Sadly, the two links that interested me most, the ones for WWE / UFC / TNA and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, didn’t have a lot of items in stock (online, at least).
Have you found other online deals – please add links in the “Leave a Reply” section below! Happy Thanksgiving and shopping!