Update: El Diablo V2 provided some more context for the panel and images:
They had a panel titled “Hasbro Toys: Marvel” or something along those lines. Jesse and two Hasbro people were there, one from marketing and the other was a sculptor I think, not sure. They showed three presentations and then held a Q&A. The first presentation was really interesting…it showed the process of making an ML, including some cool shots of the stages of Galactus. He went through it really fast and I barely could get a picture. The second slide-show was on Toybiz and what we missed out on. That one hurt a bit…
The last one was just Jesse opening up three .jpgs of the Mls and talking about each one. People cheered for the first two, and everyone was underwhelmed by Lady Bullseye.
I do need to say this…not ONCE did they mention/plug Marvel Universe. This was strictly 6″ ML talk. It was great. Jesse hung around a bit afterwards and I spoke with him for a minute. He must have been remotely un-creeped out because he walked out with me and shook my hand a few times. I told him I was from the Fwoosh and I thanked him for all of the information, and apologized about the onslaught of negativity directed at him. He was a stand-up guy and seemed to be having fun during the event.
Marvel Legends is back, according to a Fwoosher who attended Wizard World Philly today! Fwoosher El Diablo V2 spoke with Jesse Falcon, who ran the Marvel Legends line when it was at Toy Biz and handles aspects of the licensing relationship Marvel now has with Hasbro. Prior to New York Comic-Con earlier this year, Jesse said ‘I wanted to come on the Fwoosh and let you guys know that next weekend your [sic] going to see something I think is amazingly cool that will be happening with the 6″ Marvel Legends line,’ only to have to recant due to some miscommunication between Hasbro and Marvel. I’m really psyched to see this finally come to fruition – maybe Jesse can start posting at the Fwoosh again.
Please note: the turnarounds for Absorbing Man and Darkhawk, and the prototype of the Avengers Quinjet are from the Toy Biz days. These were toys that were never released, not a teaser for upcoming toys from the Hasbro Marvel team. These were previously shown as part of Action Figure Insider’s “Behind the Plastic” panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2008.
Re: New Legends sneak peeks to be shown at Wizardworld Philly!
by El Diablo V2 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:14 am
Allright guys, here’s my report.
- They will be showing 16-18 prototypes at SDCC for release in 2010.
- The 3 two-packs will be hitting in late August at the latest, still distributed by Diamond and TRU.
- They hinted at a new Deadpool being revealed SDCC, as well as an Inhuman to accompany Blackbolt.
- No BAFs are coming out next year.
- They will be doing a fan poll for new ML, the top 3 will be split across 3 new two-packs, with Hasbro choosing the partners. These will most likely come out this time next year.
- NO RETAIL EXCLUSIVES NEXT YEAR!!!
- They’re still working out packaging, as in singles/two-packs for the other assortments. It seemed to me they’re leaning towards two-packs for now still.
- They also had a segment on Toybiz stuff that never made it, and I have a few pics from that as well.