Here’s a pretty interesting announcement from McFarlane – a new line of sports figures, in a new scale (at least for them) and with a decent amount of articulation. I think from the schematic that these will have a mix of articulation from the 5-inch Halo figures, like the hips, and some new articulation for McFarlane, like double knees. No news yet on how much these will retail for.
MCFARLANE TOYS ANNOUNCES ‘PLAYMAKERS’ SPORTS ACTION FIGURES
Inaugural Assortment of Highly Detailed, Articulated, 4-inch Figures Coming Spring of 2010
McFarlane Toys is pleased to announce our newest addition to our ongoing sports action figure product, Playmakers. Playmakers are a completely new type of McFarlane Toys’ product based on our existing sports licenses.
Playmakers action figures include the high level of detail that McFarlane Toys is known for in a newly developed 4-inch scale figure. The addition of tremendous articulation, more than 20 moving parts, will allow for complete playability and will enable consumers to recreate countless sports action poses.
Our initial release of Playmakers action figures is planned to include twelve fan-favorite baseball players, with each figure having a batting and fielding version available.
- Alex Rodriguez — New York Yankees
- Dustin Pedroia — Boston Red Sox
- Albert Pujols — St. Louis Cardinals
- Derek Jeter — New York Yankees
- Manny Ramirez — Los Angeles Dodgers
- Ichiro Suzuki — Seattle Mariners
- Ryan Howard — Philadelphia Phillies
- Chipper Jones — Atlanta Braves
- David Ortiz — Boston Red Sox
- Josh Beckett — Boston Red Sox
- David Wright — New York Mets
- Tim Lincecum — San Francisco Giants
Playmakers are scheduled to release to retailers nationwide in Spring of 2010.