Let’s hope for Hot Toys that their upcoming Movie Masterpiece for Jake Gyllenhaal’s Prince Dastan from the Prince of Persia movie does better than its 6-inch and 3.75-inch counterparts from McFarlane Toys. Those Prince of Persia action figures have already seen sustained discounting at Toys R Us. At first I thought it was promotional, but I’m wondering if the relatively weak domestic performance of the movie has had an impact on figure sales.
As you might expect, the costuming and accessories are outstanding on this Hot Toys release, but I find that the head sculpt is not quite up to their regular standards. It’s only vaguely evocative of Gyllenhaal from certain angles.
1/6th scale Prince Dastan Collectible Figure
Product code: MMS127
~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~
Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Prince Dastan Collectible Figure from the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie. The highly detailed Prince Dastan collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Jake Gyllenhaal in the movie, highlighting the newly sculpted head, multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture, muscular body, detailed weapons and two styles of costume.
The 1/6th scale Prince Dastan Collectible Figure specially features:
- Newly sculpted head with authentic likeness of Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan in the movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and moustache
- Muscular upper body
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair for holding swords
- Two (2) extra gloved left palms, including one (1) relaxed palm and one (1) for holding sword
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) pair of brown-color pants suitable for both styles of costume
- One (1) leather-like brown-color patterned armor vest with highly detailed accessories and two (2) sword sheaths at the back
- One (1) brown-color patterned jacket
- One (1) creamy white colored shirt
- One (1) black-color buckled belt where the dagger of time can be put, which is twisted three folds round the waist
- One (1) brown-color belt with three (3) buckles and two (2) dagger sheaths
- One (1) red-color long scarf
- One (1) pair of brown- and black-color arm gauntlets with accessories and ropes
- One (1) pair of leather-like brownish black colored boots
- Two (2) metal-like swords
- One (1) metal-like dagger of time
- Two (2) metal-like daggers
- Necklaces with pendants
- Leather-like and metal-like bracelets on right wrist
- Figure stand with Prince Dastan nameplate and movie logo
- Head Sculpted by : GOX (EOM JEA SUNG)
- Head Painted by: JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by: Kojun
- Accessory Sculpted by: Kouhei Okui
Release date: end Q3 – early Q4, 2010
© Disney Enterprises, Inc. and Jerry Bruckheimer, Inc.
- Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
- All information is subject to change without prior notice.
- The above release date is for reference only, please check with your local distributors and wholesalers for more accurate details.