I’m a big fan of independent toy makers, so when Talyn discovered Warpo Toys and their Legends of Cthulhu Kickstarter campaign, I became a backer – there was no way to withhold my support of the H.P. Lovecraft creation that has inspired so much of the pop culture I love today. If Lovecraft, Cthulhu, or retro toys hit any of your buttons… well, the Legends of Cthulhu Kickstarter closed in July.
But don’t you fret – our pals at Warpo are helping us give you a shot at the most exclusive figures from the Kickstarter campaign – the ones unlocked exclusively to backers when the campaign met its stretch goals! For the rest of the figures, The Professor, The Cultist, The Deep One, and Spawn of Cthulhu, you’ll just have to wait until Warpo announces where you can get them.
Cthulhu’s Crazy Halloween Photo Contest!
Hey, gang! ActionFigurePics.com and Warpo, makers of the coolest toys you never had, are teaming-up for the coolest Halloween photo contest this side of R’lyeh, and the prize is a set of Kickstarter-exclusive action figures from the Legends of Cthulhu line; The High Priest and Summoned Cthulhu! These figures were stretch goals only available to backers of our Kickstarter, so if you missed out, this is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to get them.
How to Enter (It’s easy and fun!)
- Download Warpo’s vintage-style Cthulhu mask and print it out.
- Get creative! Wear the mask, or enlist your friends to wear the mask, in a photo that shows us how you think Cthulhu celebrates Halloween.
- Share your photo on Twitter and Facebook (with hashtag #LegendsofCthulhu), and /or send it to [email protected].
The most fun and Cthulhurific photo, as chosen by Cthulhu (no, not really, it’s us), will win! And even though Talyn met the Warpo guys in Chicago, you are encouraged to vote early and often. (In other words, enter this contest as many times as you like!)
The submission deadline is Monday, November 3, 2014 – you can continue sharing your Cthulhu pics after that, but those entries won’t be eligible for this contest. We’ll announce the winner on Friday, November 7, 2014 (or thereabouts).
Ready to Submit Your Entry?
Post your pics to social media with the hashtag #LegendsofCthulhu –
- On Facebook: Warpo and ActionFigurePics.com
- On Twitter: @warpotoys and @ActionFigPics
- Via email: send your pic (one per entry, please) to [email protected] and please use “Cthulhu’s Crazy Halloween” as your message subject line
I would wish you good luck, but Cthulhu would consume me!
The Fine Print
- Official entry period ends at 11:59PM Pacific time on November 3, 2014.
- All entries will become the property of ActionFigurePics.com and may be displayed on ActionFigurePics.com and other websites.
- Contest winners who want their prize shipped outside of the United States may be responsible to pay for all shipping costs, including but not limited to shipping, taxes, and tariffs. In the event that a winner does not elect to pay these costs, an alternate winner will be selected.
- Staff members at ActionFigurePics.com and Warpo are not eligible for this contest (sorry guys!)
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to hold ActionFigurePics.com and Warpo and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the use or redemption of the prizes.