This time of year we’re usually so busy gearing up for San Diego Comic-Con that we tend to overlook Wizard World Philly, which is this weekend, Friday, June 19 – Sunday, June 21. The Four Horseman, who have their hands in many of the top action figure lines, will be present and have sent along a list of their activities at the show.
If you’re in the neighborhood and haven’t seen the work the Horsemen do before an action figure goes into mass production, you’ll be in for a treat.
FOUR HORSEMEN’S WIZARD WORLD PHILADELPHIA SCHEDULE & EVENTS
The Four Horsemen are going to be very busy at Wizard World Philly this year, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have time to hang out with action figure fans. If you’re going to be attending, be sure to stop and see them at booth #400. Below is a list of just some of the items that they’ll have on display.
- The “Toyfare Hall of Fame Award” that they received at the 2008 Wizard World Philly.
- Previously shown and never before seen 2-up prototypes from their property, Gothitropolis.
- Previously shown, completely sold out figures from their fan-favorite property, 7th Kingdom.
- The first, preliminary paint samples of the Queen and Her Court from their fan-favorite property, 7th Kingdom.
- DC Universe Classics painted 2-up prototypes seen in person by the public for the first time.
- Masters of the Universe Classics painted 2-up prototypes seen in person by the public for the first time.
- More goodies and surprises that you won’t see anywhere else.
The Four Horsemen will also be hosting and attending various panels and events at Wizard World Philly. Below is a comprehensive list of the times and locations of those events.
- Friday 1pm-2pm (rm. #201C) “What The Heck’s Up With The Four Horsemen?”: Join the Four Horsemen for a walk down memory lane a they go over some of the past milestones, current events and future happenings since setting out to start their own company 10 years ago this September. You’ll get a comprehensive overview of the work they’ve done with Mattel on various DC owned properties, as well as a look at their collaboration with Mattel on the fan-fueled mega hit Masters of the Universe Classics. Also to be discussed are the past and current Fantastic Exclusive, 7h Kingdom and Gothitropolis happenings as well as what the future might hold for these Four Horsemen fan-favorite properties. As a bonus, the Horsemen will include a quick “Toy Design Methods and Materials” section, and they’ll wrap everything up with a “Question and Answers” session.
- Friday 5pm-6pm (rm. #201C) “Big Toy Industry Panel!”: Got a question about anything going on right now in the toy industry? These guys have all the answers! Join nearly every toy industry guest who’s going to be at Wizard World Philly, from Jesse Falcon to the Four Horsemen, as they appear onstage together to talk shop and answer your questions. Moderated by Justin Aclin.
- Saturday 5pm-6pm (rm. #201C) “2009 Toyfare Hall of Fame Awards”: It’s like the Kennedy Center Honors, but with more build-a-figures! Join the ToyFare staff and toy industry luminaries as we salute this year’s inductees: Jesse Falcon (Marvel Legends), Tim Bruckner (DC Direct), Randy Bowen (Bowen Designs) and Hasbro’s Transformers (represented by product manager Aaron Archer). Randy Bowen will have a special video acceptance, and the rest of the honorees will be on hand to be presented with this year’s amazing statuettes, designed by the dream team and two of the 2008 Toyfare Hall of Fame inductees – the Four Horsemen and Clayburn Moore!