If you are having problems finding DC Universe Classics wave 10, the second Wal-Mart exclusive wave, here’s a little help. Pendragon’s Post has published a list of the roughly 3,000 Wal-Mart stores that have action figure sales high enough to warrant selling wave 10. Please note that this isn’t a list of stores that have them in stock – just a list of the stores that are eligible to carry it.
The list is published in image format (51 images total), but it’s sorted alphabetically by state, so that should help you narrow it down. California residents – our stores are listed on pages 4 – 7.
Pendragon also posted some notes from his conversation with a Wal-Mart PR representative about DCUC 10. Good stuff!
On Wave 5, Walmart only had it in 1,800 of their stores. At least this time, it doubled to 3,000 stores, but still not great.
So I made a call to Walmart and spoke to Melissa O’Brien, Senior Manager PR & Brand Reputation for Walmart. This is what she told me:
- DC Universe is hard to keep in stock because it does sell out quickly. They do realize this is a popular item and it why they increased the order from 1,800 stores to 3,000 store. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t tell me the exact number ordered.
- They are considered a collectible and not a standard toy like GI Joe or Transfromers, and that makes for smaller purchasing amounts for DCUC.
- They determine with stores get Wave 10, by the total number of sales in each store. The higher the overall action figures sales are, the greater the chance that store will get DCUC.
- They do not want to put them on-line because they feel that this would be unfair to collectors. Walmart feels by selling DCUC in stores, the collectors have a better chance of finding them.
- Walmart doesn’t always know the exact date of a shipment, and since DCUC are more limited in manufacture, they may not come in as often as other Mattel items.
- If you can not find them, to contact your local store (see the list below). New toy stock usually arrives on Tuesdays and Wedsdays.