With one of Hasbro’s display cases at New York Comic Con devoted to the Captain America and Thor lines, the other was jam-packed with Marvel Universe. There’s lots more on the way in 2011, and we’ve focused on the figures that weren’t on display in the Hasbro booth at San Diego Comic-Con.
First, here’s a couple of shots to give you the lay of the land.
On display, the Hasbro team had:
- Marvel Masterworks – Galactus in his Ultimate Alliance colors and the upcoming Sentinel. These guys are massive.
- Gigantic Battles – Bill Foster Black Goliath and the Frost Giant, who will be packaged helmet off.
- Marvel Universe Comics 2-Packs
- Marvel Universe single-carded figures
Some of the new figures they had on display:
- Apocalypse – this guy has had one of the best Legends figures, one of the best Build-a-Figures, and now he’ll have one of the best Marvel Universe figures. It’s too bad that Apoc is a sucky 90’s villain, but that’s just me ranting.
- Cable, with Hope baby – the baby is removable, in case you just want a bad-ass Cable. But he was about as bad-ass as he could be while he was toting her around.
- Gladiator – this one is gonna smart for the 6-inch collectors.
- Cyclops (Jim Lee) – Cyke got the 6-inch treatment in this costume, but I think he’s better proportioned in this version.
- Giant-Sized X-Men? – a 5 or 6-pack has been rumored for a while, and there certainly were the pieces for one in the display case. I spotted a classic Storm and Thunderbird, and Hasbro has already made Sunfire, classic Cyke, Nightcrawler, Wolverine (of course), and Colossus that could go into a set.
Anything else I miss? Let me know – heading back to the Con in a little bit.