A couple of things for this month’s Q&A with Mattel. First, Toy Guru has asked us to keep questions to the lines that are available through Mattycollector. So while in the past we could ask about retail lines, for now, we’ll stick to… I guess it’s Masters of the Universe Classics, plus the other odds and ends as they pop up in their online store.
Second, I did get the responses a couple of days ago, so it’s my fault we’re late!
1. We’ve always understood that extra heads were tough to do because of the tooling and paint apps required. What should we expect for pricing if you do a 200X head pack? Would six heads be in the same ballpark as the previous weapons packs?
Honestly, this is just an item we are in prelim discussion with. Any details like price and availability are so far off right now we simply couldn’t speculate!
2. You’ve told us that Two Bad will not have day of sales inventory available, but that Modulok will. What are the factors you consider for each character to help you decide who will have day of sales?
Many times “day of” product comes down to how many units we can get and when. Very little has to do with the character. It is tied to production and timing, not who is more or less popular.
3. The DC Comics Multiverse first wave is focused on the Batman Arkham City and Arkham Origins video game. Will future waves be “themed” like the first wave? What other DC properties (comics, movies, and video games) might we see after the first wave?
4. You’ve told us that exclusives for SDCC are planned out a year in advance or more. Has the cancellation of the DC Club Infinite Earths subscription affected what you’re planning in terms of your DC exclusive(s)? If so, how?
5. How are the Batman Classic TV Series figures doing? Does this open up other opportunities for 6-inch figures, like for classic movies like the Christopher Reeves Superman or Michael Keaton Batman?
Toy Guru gave me the chance to resubmit questions for the ones he wasn’t going to have answers for, but I ran out of time and didn’t send any back in. We should have a more complete round of Q&A by mid-month.