Just in time for labor day weekend, here’s the Ask Matty Q&A for 8/31. Thanks to Toy Guru and team for answering our questions.
1) You’ve said that 2014 and 2015 would have characters that required more tooling, like Two Bad and Modulok. What does that mean for the number of subscribers needed to support the line? For example, do you need to increase the minimum subscribers needed to support more tooling?
No, the min number of sub holders has stayed the same year to year, we are just very strategic in banking a few fully tool’d figures with other partial tool figures so the year balances out.
2) If the plan is to complete the big hitter characters from the vintage line by 2015, what does that mean for 2016?
Let’s wait and see if we get a 2015 line before looking into 2016!
3) This seemed like a pretty challenging subscription period for Club Eternia and Club Infinite Earths. What do you think are the key takeaways for the subscriptions next year?
For 2015 we will offer a MOTU sub, but with DC only hitting 63% of the min we will not be offering a 2015 sub. At this point we are looking to see if any 2014 DC 6″ releases are even possible and this will take a few months.
4) What do you think needs to be done to make the Club Infinite Earths subscription more appealing? What are you hearing from potential customers?
At this point there will not be a 2014 CIE sub as we only hit 63% of the min needed.
5) You’ve mentioned Batman Beyond and Damien Wayne Robin being canceled at retail. Are the Arkham Origins Batman and Deathstroke also canceled? If so, are those possibilities for a Mattycollector release?
The Batman and Deathstroke figures from the Batman Arkham Origins game are part of the mix that is available to retail. Those figures should hit shelves later this year.